Wednesday 9 October 2013

Transition Mission...

So, last week after I started my castor oil challenge, it hit me hard that I have been going about this transitioning thing the wrong way! As in totally wrong... all the way wrong! I was convinced that I could literally have my hair in protective syles for a few months, get it washed and dried (with heat) in between all of that and just let it grow out and I would have a head of grogeous natural hair. Turns out for proper transition effects, there needs to be a lot of moisturising/oiling, treating, washing, air-drying and a whole mixed bag of products. Ok so now I know and this is becoming a little bit harder than I had imagined.
 
To show you just how off I was on what to do with my hair, the one night while trying to come up with a hair regimen, I attempted to treat my hair. I used Castor oil and Bergamot Essence on my scalp ensuring my the roots were well moisturised. I then put on a plastic shower cap and wrapped my head with my silk scarf. I woke up the next day showered, got dressed, put on my face and then removed my head gear...! I looked like I had a over processed jerry-curl...#TheHorror! My relaxed ends were so greasy and limp and gross looking! There was some good that came out of it in all the frying the hairdresser did in order to make my hair straight was undone. My natural hair looks gorgeous, coily and rich, I literally can't wait to chop off the relaxed ends, they have become the bane of my existence!
 
So once I was enlightened, I hopped off to my local pharmacy and came home with an arsenal of products!
 
 
From left to right:
  1. Organics conditioner for dry and damaged hair
  2. Organic Root Stimulator Jojoba oil
  3. Dischem brand Castor Oil
  4. Dischem Brand Coconut Oil
  5. Lennon's Bergamot Essence oil
  6. Water spray bottle (closest thing I could get to a mist spray)
  7. Chi Ionic Color Protector System sulphate free shampoo
  8. Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise  
I must be honest though, transitioning hair is hard to love, my hair is in limbo! Half relaxed, half natural... its really not cute. I attempted to do a flat twist out the other day to look cute at church but only the relaxed ends curled. My hair looked so weird that I literally combed out the curls. I put on a plastic head band to try make it look decent and halfway through the sermon the headband broke!!!


 
Anywhoo, I will live... in the meantime I have worked out a regimen
 
Monday:
  • Moisturise with Castor Oil and Bergamot essence, sealing with Coconut oil
  • Wrap with silk scarf
Tuesday:
  • Treatment by applying a mixture of Castor oil, Olive oil and Bergamot essence, sealing with Coconut oil
  • Plastic cap
  • Wrap with silk scarf
Wednesday:
  • Moisturise with Castor Oil and Bergamot essence, sealing with Coconut oil
  • Wrap with silk scarf
Thursday:
  • Moisturise with Castor Oil and Bergamot essence, sealing with Coconut oil
  • Wrap with silk scarf
Friday:
  • Pre-wash by applying a mixture of Castor oil, Olive oil and Bergamot essence, sealing with Jojoba oil
  • Plastic cap
  • Wrap with silk scarf
Saturday:
  • Wash day
  • Deep condition with Hair Mayonnaise
  • Moisturise mixture of Castor oil, Olive oil and Bergamot essence, sealing with Jojoba oil
Sunday:
  • Break 
Lets see how it goes...
 
XO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment