Friday 16 August 2013

A weighty problem...

Ok so here goes... I have always had this up and down relationship with weight since I turned 16. At 16 I was quite the chubberoo, I don't have any pictures of this time because I think it was an awful period in my life and I just looked terrible! I was the heaviest I had ever been in my life at that point and all who knew me took it upon themselves to call me out on this whenever they saw me. I lost the weight literally through starving myself and I felt much better about myself. 
 
In college I got skinnier and skinnier and I looked like this at some point...
 

 
Today I look more like this and this is literally the heaviest I have ever been...

 
 


I know its not a massively huge difference but right now I am the heaviest I have ever been in my whole life, no joke! I am currently sitting at 61kg and I am 1.59m so those extra kilos are really evident on my face and arms and don't get me started on my booty! I love my curves however I would like to tone up and slash off some of the weight by dropping about 5kg.
 
I picked up most of the weight these last two years and I have been on all kinds of crazy diets and eating plans with no substantial results. One of the consequences of my new body is that some of my clothes don't fit me anymore. I have had to say goodbye to at least four pairs of perfectly good jeans because they simply couldn't zip up!

The breaking point was this dress I bought just last year.
 

 
I scored it on sale at Forever New and it used to fit me hand to glove, I felt like it was made just for me. The one time I actually wore it was for a photoshoot I treated myself to as a birthday gift to chronicle what I looked like at "26". At that point the dress was starting to become a tight squeeze but I managed to hold it all together...only just!
 
 
Today this dress doesn't fit me AT ALL! I can't get it to zip, I can't get it over my hips, it's simply too small for me! I tried it on a few nights ago wearing two pairs of spanx and even that couldn't do the trick! It makes me really sad seeing as I love this dress and I only managed to wear it once!
 
I have a wedding to attend in a couple of months and I really cannot afford to buy a new dress. Most of this year has been tough financially because of my wreckless spending on my credit card, it has taken me 6 months to clear most of the debt but I am literally cash strapped all the time. In light of this I am really keen on wearing this dress. I have the whole outfit planned in my head... this dress, a bright pink clutch to match my bright pink lipstick and some strappy heels... if only I could get the stupid dress to fit.
 
 

 
The wedding is in a month, 14 September to be exact, my finances won't change within a month, which can only mean one thing... I have to lose at least 4 kilograms this month in order to get into that dress! Mission impossible? We'll see!
 
I am going to work out a diet and exercise plan and post it on the blog as well as my progress each week, leading up to the wedding. Wish me luck!
 
xo  



No comments:

Post a Comment